Amazon

Tuesday 13 October 2015

A delicious Mackerel Pate recipe

As spoken about in the last blog post I cooked several mackerel fillets on the bbq to achieve a smoky flavour in order to make some mackerel pate. Whilst the finished result isn't precisely Smoked Mackerel Pate it tastes very very similar.

For three cooked/smoked mackerel fillets a recipe I found on t'internet suggested adding 300g of Philadelphia Cream Cheese plus one teaspoon of horseradish sauce and the juice of one lemon then blitzing the whole lot in a food blender. That is it!

Well, at the moment I don't have a food blender so I resorted to old fashioned methods by pulverizing the mixture with a potato masher and finishing the job by pushing down on the semi- soft mixture with the back of a dessert spoon. The result was fishy heaven with a tasty level of extra sharpness achieved through the acidity of the lemon juice and hot horseradish sauce. In the end I found I had made far too much for myself and gave away two bowls full to my neighbours Jo and Betty.


With grated lemon peel and a blackberry as decoration.

No comments: