Amazon

Saturday 18 July 2015

Krautwickel - stuffed cabbage leaves from Germany

I was chatting with my lovely German friend and actress Lena on facebook last night and towards the end of a very pleasant chat she told me she would have to go as she was cooking Krautwickel for her boyfriend and herself. I had never heard of this and asked her to send me some photos of her finished dish. She said it may not look very exciting but it tastes delicious.




I found this very good recipe for the stuffed cabbage leaves on a German foods site in English. I must give it a try sometime. Thanks Lena x

http://germanfoods.org/recipes/krautwickel-stuffed-cabbage/

Check out my former post on sauerkraut in Karlsruhe too.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Interesting, because I steam chicken mince balls and mince burgers on cabbage leaves instead of in them!