Amazon

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Nearly slept for a whole day...

Work was so busy and short staffed last week that come my two days off I have nearly slept (off and on) for a whole day! Phew! Snooze-ville!!!! I did manage to drag myself out last night to help with the coffees at the Lace Market Theatre.






Today was a bit more normal and I did some clothes washing and cleaning and a spot of tidying up my garden plot. The lavender plants are looking good since the tree came down next door some months ago. More sunlight to their delicate fronds. Whilst I was gardening I left two corn on the cob on the stove to cook and enjoyed these later with some butter and a beer.




I also cooked a half price English leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic and garden mint ( both rosemary and mint from my actual garden) and some new potatoes and enjoyed a couple of relaxing beers this evening. It appears that Engalund may be playing football so I may well bugger off into town out of the way of the pub next door rowdies.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got a nice little Victorian style garden there Phil, and lavender is such a lovely smell to be wafting around on a sunny day. Sorry, but I think England won again, so you'll have to put up with the rowdiness at least once more.

Phil Lowe said...

Since this comment England have lost a match and so I won't have to put up with "Enga-lund!!" coming from the pub next door Christopher. The lavender may smell lovely but the roasting lamb was even lovlier!

Phil Lowe said...

:)