Amazon

Monday 11 April 2011

a simple chicken dish



À la mode Nigel Slater I made a simple roast chicken supper dish this evening via a couple of bottles of Muriel Rioja. The chicken went in the pre-heated oven for an hour and a half un-adorned with any additives or flavourings. It was cooked on six degrees on gas. It was simply cooked with vegetable oil and I roasted some new potatoes and garlic with chives in the oven for the last half hour. A little bit of grated Parmesan cheese and a brown wild mushroom  (rescued from the back of the fridge) were added for extra texture.  For the last ten minutes I popped some haricot vertes in boiling water and added them last minute to the meal with a small amount of coarse sea salt.
Mdme Soufie et M. Harris
Drowsily and mid-Rioja I swear that Madame Soufie the cat nicked a bit of hot cooked chicken!!!! Naughty Soufie!!


I am looking after my neighbour's cats Harris and Soufie for three weeks and I spoil them rotten.


Mr Harris continued to lick himself and eyed up the chicken carcass from a discreet distance. Mdme Soufie was still licking herself from the earlier skirmish. Neither seemed interested in the Rioja.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that the chicken that appeared in the Sledgehammer video!

Judith said...

Mmm, the chicken looks good. And what handsome cats. I bet they're enjoying your company.

Phil Lowe said...

no idea what you mean GM. Sorry.

Unknown said...

Sorry Phil, it's a song by Peter Gabriel, and in the video there's a dancing chicken.

Here's the link to YouTubehttp://youtu.be/hqyc37aOqT0

Phil Lowe said...

Judith: I truly believe that the cats think that my home is the extension to theirs.