Amazon

Friday 24 December 2010

some news from the past and Happy Christmas

Yesterday I heard from former work colleagues that the cafe that I worked as a kitchen porter is to close due to the  improvements to the Broadmarsh Shopping Centre in early January 2011. I am so pleased that I made the efforts to get out of there and start my journey in getting work with Tesco. It cost me two thousand pounds plus of  my savings to exist off the dole for a few months and with some trepidation but all along I was convinced that I would work with Tesco as a butcher and lo it came to pass. What follows are a series of pictures showing my parts of my journey.



The kitchen.
my kitchen porter corner
some of my work friends



my poorly hands

cafe cup cakes



the cafe in July 2010

I have now been employed by the much more secure firm of Tesco for over two months and I look forward to starting 2011 by studying for a meat counter diploma. In the meantime I am relaxing for two days for the Christmas holidays and want to wish all my readers a Very Happy Christmas and Happy New Year.

Phil xx





6 comments:

French Fancy... said...

Oh, your poor hands - they look so swollen and painful there

Unknown said...

Glad things have worked out for you. Just hope your old cafe chums can find themselves another job fairly soon. I've seen the sketch for the new entrance. Nothing exciting. They would be better off returning the area to when it was Drury Hill. It could have been Nottingham's version of the Shambles.

Enjoy your two days off.

Phil Lowe said...

French Fancy: they certainly were.

GailsMan: Thanks mate. I hope that Leon, David and Daria can find work quickly too. I'm sure they will.

Merry Christmas to you you both.

Unknown said...

poor hands, they look painful... some lavender hand cream should help.... Merry Christmas my dear fellow xxx

Jean said...

Happy Christmas Phil and I hope you have a great new year, too.

Phil Lowe said...

Thankyou both Dom and Jean for your best wishes. Thankfully my hands are fine now. Merry Christmas to you both.