Amazon

Tuesday 14 July 2009

What's your fave tipple?


Personally, I am not a fan of spirits like whisky or vodka as a social drink. Also, I am not a big fan of fancy cocktails (I find that the umbrellas get stuck up my nose and the garish colours clash with my shirts) but I do like a variety of beers - aside from from the evil 'Special Brew' which a friend got me sample the other week. Never again.

I confess do enjoy a glass or three of dry white wine and a good quality red wine often helps improve my cooking, that is if I am not too pissed to enjoy the food after all the effort of hours slaving over my stove. Glug glug. :0) I have no huge preference over the origins of the wines, even though I have a habit of heading for the French section on the shelves in the supermarket.

What are your fave tipples?

8 comments:

Dean said...

I like Dark rum and coke in a long glass or a tinny of Carling premier at home, I like a guinness if its on draught and nice and cold but mostly i stick to my Rum when im out.

Karenjane said...

I love G&T, made with Bombay Sapphire Gin, champagne, white English Wines (those from Camel Valley in particular), draught Guiness when I go horse racing, & also Mandarine Napoleon. Not that I drink much - I fall asleep after 2 glasses of wine!

Unknown said...

Give me a nice cup of Earl Gray or green tea anyday.

StGeorgeOfEngland said...

Well to be honest with you, I have to go for a nice cuppa. PG is my preference. I'm a peasant so peasant tea is fine for me.
A glass of red or a small dry cider is all I indulge in a couple or three times a week. My hard drinking days are long gone, a sign of age.
My friends loveuinviting me into town cos they know I will drive and save a heap on taxi fares.
G.

French Fancy... said...

I know it makes me sound posey but I do love a glass of champagne now and then. The thing is that you don't have to spend a lot here to get a decent bottle. I'm not much of a wine drinker - it's either bubbly or a cidre doux - or a good old cup of tea.

Emily said...

I am embarrassed to admit that my tipple of choice is Diet Coke. If I were stranded on a desert island, I'd be happy with a constant stream of DC for company

Marian Barker said...

Don't forget the G&T!!!!!

Phil Lowe said...

Oooh, a nice variety of answers there and so many opting for a cup of tea! Could it be influence of my blog title? lol

G&T seems popular and there is nothing to be embarrased about with drinking diet coke Emily, or drinking champagne FF. Next time I come over the France I shall have to visit you and Mr FF, French Fancy. Get the champers chilling!